Bank Information and shares:
- The Company is registered as Public Joint -Stock Co. under the Sudanese Companies’ Act.1925 number: C 2732.
- Listed on the Khartoum Stock Exchange and deposited, as well, at the Deposit Center and the Central Depository at the Stock Exchange Market.
- The Bank is a member of Al Baraka Banking Group (ABG), the world's leading Islamic Banking Group - Bahrain.
Nature of Shares
All issued shares are ordinary shares and are subject to equal obligations. Shareholders are committed only to the value of the share and their obligations cannot be increased.
• Receive dividends approved by the Ordinary General Assembly which are recommended by the Company's Board of Directors.
• Take part in the General Assembly of the company, discuss the agenda and review the Board of Directors and the External auditor's reports about the financial position of the Company and assess the competence of its financial position and accounts.
• Participate in the discussion of the financial statements and explanatory notes and approve them.
• Approve the Board of Directors’ recommendations regarding the distribution of dividends.
• The right to nominate and elect the Board of Directors of the Company, according to the Company's memorandum and Articles of Association.
• Appoint the external auditor.
• Amend the company's memorandum and Articles of Association.
• Liquidate the company.
• Approve the resolutions of the Annual General Assembly.
• Call for a General Meeting.
• The obligations’ of shareholders are limited to his/her/its Ownership in the company’s capital.
Share’s ownership transfer
The ownership of securities issued by any person in or outside Sudan may not be transferred except through Khartoum Stock Exchange. Securities are transferred and their ownership registered according to the terms and authenticated defined by the management of Khartoum Stock Exchange in accordance with the existing rules and regulations.
The General Assembly of the shareholders- Terms of Reference
The Ordinary General Assembly of shareholders is responsible for the following:
a) Elect and terminate the membership of the Board of Directors and determine their remuneration.
b) Monitor the Board of Directors activities and release them from their any obligation.
c) Appoint the External Auditors and determine their remuneration.
d) Appoint the Fatwa & Sharia Supervision Board and determine their remuneration.
e) Discuss and approve the financial statements of the Bank and the External Auditor's report and the report of the Fatwa & Sharia Supervision Board of the Bank.
f) Discuss and approve the Board of Directors reports.
g) Any contingent issues related to the affairs of the company.
Dividends and bonus shares during the previous years
Bank has achieved increasing growth during the previous years in total shareholders' equity. The years between 2012 and 2016 have witnessed the distribution of cash dividends 40% and bonus shares 60% to the shareholders. The total distribution as follows:
Role of the Shareholders Relations Department:
All shareholders may communicate with the Bank through the Shareholders Relations Dept. in the following address shown below.
The Shareholders Relations Department is in charge of the following:
- Receive shareholders applications or request regarding the transfer of dividends in cash and to the shareholder's bank accounts after filling up the (attached) form and endorse through their by the beneficiary's Bank and send it to the bank to execute the transfer.
- Update the shareholders data by filling up the attached form and send it to the bank to update the shareholder’s data at the Central Depository & Saving Department of the Stock Market.
Press here to request Application Form.
- Receive and answer shareholders inquiries through all available means of communication; Telephone, fax, post and e-mail.
- Provide information and financial statements of the Bank, annually or quarterly as requested.
Shares cash dividend
- Dividend cheques can be received from the Shareholders Relations Dept., located at the 5th floor of Al-Baraka Tower. Dividend cheques may be handed over to the shareholders personally or to their authorized attorneys who should produce an authenticated power of attorney.
Dividend Cheques for overseas shareholders
- At the request of the shareholder, the Bank will transfer profits to the account of the shareholder's choice outside the Sudan. Applications should be made by filling up the prescribed Form. Please, press here to request the Dividend Transfer Application Form
Shareholders Relations Department
Al Baraka Sudan
PO Box 3583, Khartoum
Republic Of Sudan
Khartoum - Al Baraka Tower 5th floor
Tel: +249 187 11 2011_ Tel: 2820
Fax: +249 183 788585